What will the Expulsions Appeal Tribunal consider?
0 out Of 5 Stars
At the hearing the Expulsions Appeal Tribunal must consider all of the circumstances of the case. In particular the Tribunal will look at the following:
- Anything presented in writing
- Anything said by you, your child, your child’s friend or representative
- Anything said by the Education Authority and any other people involved in the decision to expel your child
- Whether the school’s procedures for expulsion were properly followed.
- The interests of other pupils and teachers in the school.
As soon as possible after the hearing, the decision of the Tribunal is sent in writing to you if your child is under 18, or directly to them if they are over 18, as well as whoever expelled them.