Locate a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

Can a child stop being in care and move back in with their family?

You are here:
< All Topics

A Care Order will last until a child turns 18. However, you can go to the court to ask for the judge to stop the order. Taking a child into care should normally be a temporary measure and should be stopped as soon as it is possible to do so.

The Court is responsible for making sure that they try to reunite children with their family and enable regular contact, as long as it is in the child’s best interest.

Was this article helpful?
0 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Table of Contents