Locate a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

How do I get a statutory assessment for my child?

You are here:
< All Topics

A parent/carer of a child can ask for a statutory assessment. This request should be made in writing and should be dated.

There is a 6 week time limit for the Education Authority to respond to this written request for a statutory assessment to say whether or not they will carry out the request.

A school can request a statutory assessment and will do so when it has tried all available teaching and learning strategies within the schools own resources and is of the opinion that the needs of the child cannot be met by the school alone and help from the Education Authority is required.

You can make a parental request for a Statutory Assessment using the following link: https://www.eani.org.uk/parents/special-educational-needs-sen/statutory-assessment

Was this article helpful?
0 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents