Locate a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

Can I appeal a decision of the SENDIST?

You are here:
< All Topics

If you wish to appeal a decision of the SENDIST, you should seek legal advice as the rules on appealing are complex. Legal advice is available free of charge from the Children’s Law Centre.

There are limited circumstances in which a decision can be challenged. These include an application requesting the Tribunal panel to review their decision. This application must be made in writing within 10 working days of the date the decision was issued. A parent/carer can also appeal to the High Court but only where the Tribunal panel have made an error of law.  

If you are considering taking an appeal against a decision by the SENDIST to the High Court you may be able to apply for legal aid under your child’s name. Legal advice is essential if this course of action is being considered.

Was this article helpful?
0 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents