Locate a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
COVID-19 and Children
Special Educational Needs
What kinds of problems fall into the definition of “learning difficulty”?
0 out Of 5 Stars
There is no limitation on the list of learning difficulties and each child should be looked at as an individual. Learning difficulties can be short-term or long-term. Some children may have a combination of different learning difficulties.
The Education Authority as well as local schools record the following categories of learning difficulties:
- Moderate learning difficulty, severe learning difficulty or dyslexia (specific learning difficulty)
- Social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Physical or medical difficulties (including syndromes)
- Pre-school children with developmental difficulties
- Sensory impairment (hearing/vision)
- Speech and Language difficulties
- Complex interaction of needs