How Can We Help?

How do I get my name changed on any records held about me (e.g. education, training, employment, medical or social work records) to show my new name?

< All Topics

If you want to update any records to replace your old name with your new name, you will need to produce evidence to show that you have changed your name.

If you get a deed poll, you can use it to update your details with the NHS and Gender Identity Clinics, your exam board, passport and your driving licence.

To change your birth certificate, you need to get a Gender Recognition Certificate which you can apply for when you are 18 and over.

Was this article helpful?
0 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents