How Can We Help?
What will the Expulsions Appeal Tribunal consider?
At the hearing the Expulsions Appeal Tribunal must consider all of the circumstances of the case. In particular the Tribunal will look at the following:
- Anything presented in writing
- Anything said by you, your parent/carer, your friend or representative
- Anything said by the Education Authority and any other people involved in the decision to expel you
- Whether your school’s procedures for expulsion were properly followed
- The interests of other pupils and teachers in the school
As soon as possible after the hearing, the decision of the Tribunal is sent in writing to you if you are 18 or over, or to your parents if you are under 18, as well as whoever expelled you.