Will I be placed with my siblings?

If your siblings are also subject of a Care Order then the Trust is responsible for keeping siblings together as long as it is possible to do so.

Will I have to change School if I am put in Trust accommodation?

Your social worker will try to make sure that you stay in the same school. However, this is not always possible and sometimes you may have to move school if for example, you live too far away.

Will I stay close to where I live?

The Trust has a duty to place you near to your home, where it is possible to do so, so that you can have regular contact with your parents.

Do I get any say in where I go?

You are entitled to support so that you understand any care plans and decisions that affect you. You may be given an opportunity to speak in court, depending on what age you are and your understanding of the case. If you don’t want to go to court, your Guardian Ad Litem or solicitor can speak on your behalf.

What is suitable accomodation?

Trusts have a duty to provide accommodation for 16 and 17 year old young people who become homeless. The accommodation should be suitable for you based on your individual needs. Once you have been accommodated for 24 hours you become Looked After.