How Can We Help?

How do I get my acquired gender recognised legally?

< All Topics

It can take a long time to get a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC) but this certificate ensures that a transgender person can apply for jobs and medical treatment, without having to disclose their transgender status. In Northern Ireland an individual cannot apply for a GRC if they are married, or in a civil partnership.

For more information on how to apply for a GRC, click on the link below:

Was this article helpful?
0 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents