How Can We Help?

Can I appeal my suspension?

< All Topics

There is no right of appeal for either you or your parents/carers against a school’s decision to suspend you. However, if the Principal and Board of Governors have failed to follow the school’s policy and procedures relating to suspension, or the decision to suspend is unreasonable or unlawful, then it is possible to challenge the decision by way of a judicial review in the High Court.

If a challenge is successful then the Board of Governors of the school may be directed to remove the suspension from your school records.

If you think you have been suspended unfairly then you should contact the Children’s Law Centre on 08088085678 or email: for advice.

Was this article helpful?
0 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents