Who can suspend my child from school?

A child can only be suspended by the Principal or someone acting in the place of the Principal.

I feel like my child has been unfairly suspended, what can I do?

Every school must have a written policy and procedures for suspensions. You or your child can ask to see these and you can go through them to see whether the procedure has been correctly followed. If you think the procedure has not been correctly followed then you can make a complaint to the school and the board of governors. 

What should my child do if they are suspended from school?

Your child should ask the school to put them in touch with an Education Welfare Officer if they have been suspended or excluded from school. The rules can be slightly different depending on what type of school they attend. Your local Education Authority will be able to advise you on this.