- Personal Information you share with any CLC legal advisor through Live Chat will always be kept confidential within the CLC legal team.
- Your personal information will never be shared with anyone outside the Children’s Law Centre without your permission.
- Your personal Information may be shared with parents/carers who have parental responsibility for you, to help us decide what’s best for you, but only with your consent where possible.
- Any personal information you give us will always be stored securely and used only for the purposes outlined in our Privacy Notice
Dealing with Disclosures of Abuse or Self Harm
- We may need to breach confidentiality if you disclose through live chat, on the phone/email or face to face that you may be at risk of harm from abuse, or at risk of harming yourself or others.
- In any of these situations our legal adviser may contact Social Services and/or the police in accordance with our Safeguarding Policy to ensure you get the protection and support you need.
- We will always try and get your consent before we contact social services and/or the police or we may support and encourage you to speak to one of these agencies yourself if you are mature enough.
- We may encourage you to tell your parents/carers about what has happened but only if this wouldn’t put you at risk from further harm.
- See here
for more detailed information on how our legal team makes decisions on sharing information for both child safeguarding purposes and other purposes, and processes that will be followed depending on young people’s different individual circumstances.