How Can We Help?

How do I make an EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) application?

< All Topics

All applications should be submitted online, using a special Home Office App. It will guide you through the process and takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. Click here to access the online application.

You will need the following in order to make an application:-

➢ An email address where the Home Office can send updates. It is very important that you have access to this email account at all times, as all contact from the Home Office is likely to come by email.

➢ A valid passport or a valid national ID Card with a biometric chip (This will be a small square metal shape on the surface of the ID Card). If you are the non EU/EEA family member of an EU/EEA national, you need to have a Biometric Residence Permit to apply using the Home Office App.

➢ Documents showing how long you have lived in the UK. You can provide one or more supporting documents, including bank statements, letters from schools, social workers, GPs, dentists etc. Documents should contain your full name. Confirmation letters should provide full contact details of the person writing the letter. Remember that you need to provide evidence of residence for five years, if you are applying for settlement.

If you need more advice on what documentation to provide and what information should be included please get in contact with:
• Children’s Law Centre by emailing or;
• Stronger Together

➢ You will need to download this app on to an android phone
You can also use an iPhone 7 or higher. The app can be downloaded from here

➢ If you are helping someone with an application, they will need to be present, as the App needs to take a scan of the face.

How to make a paper application online

If you do not have a valid passport or ID Card, you are expected to try to obtain one. If you have been unable to obtain one; you must apply for permission to submit a paper application.

You do this by filling in a form online. You must provide your full name, date of birth & nationality and explain why you can’t get a passport/ID Card. You also need to obtain a paper form if you are the family member of an EU/EEA national and you do not hold a Biometric Residence Permit.

For more information click here.

Was this article helpful?
2.9 out Of 5 Stars

7 ratings

5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 29%
3 Stars 29%
2 Stars 29%
1 Stars 14%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents