How Can We Help?

How do I make a complaint if I think I have been discriminated against because I am trans?

< All Topics

The length of time you have to make a complaint will vary depending on your reason for making a complaint.

For example, if you want to make a complaint of discrimination on grounds of your sex relating to employment, you must lodge a complaint with an industrial tribunal within three months from the date the alleged discrimination took place.

However, for discrimination complaints that are not related to employment, (i.e. education, premises, the provision of goods, facilities or services, or where an employment relationship has come to an end) you have six months from the date the discrimination took place to make a complaint to the County Court.

It is important to note that not knowing there are deadlines is not a good enough reason for a tribunal to grant an extension on these time limits.

If you feel like you have been treated unfairly because you are trans and/or you want to make a complaint speak to a legal advisor confidentially on 08088085678, email or online at REE Live Chat.

Was this article helpful?
0 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents