How Can We Help?

Can my exam records/entries/certificates be updated to reflect my name change?

< All Topics

The name you choose to enter exams with must match a name on suitable identification, like a passport or birth certificate. If your name and gender have not been legally changed at the time you are being enrolled for exams, your school will have to use your legal name and gender. This is because your Unique Learner Number (ULN) is only linked with legal names not preferred names. Your ULN application is normally made when you are 14 or over and the name and gender used will be your legal name and gender at that time.

If you legally change your name and gender your school can update your details on your Personal Learning Record if you provide the legal documents to support this, such as your deed poll.

Was this article helpful?
3.1 out Of 5 Stars

9 ratings

5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 33%
3 Stars 44%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 22%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents