How Can We Help?

Can I get paid for looking after my parents/guardians?

< All Topics

If you are 16+ and provide at least 35 hours care each week for someone who is ill or has a disability, you may be able to receive a Carer’s Allowance.

To find out more about Carer’s Allowance click here.

You may also be able to receive a carer’s grant which is money you do not need to repay to help with things such as repairs, equipment and bills. You can speak to your Health and Social Care (HSC) Trust or NI Regional Young Carers Service worker to find out more about the money are entitled to.

For more information or advice, you can contact one of our legal advisors by:


Free Phone: 08088085678

REE Live Chat

Was this article helpful?
4.5 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 100%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Table of Contents