What training do we provide?
The provision of training and information events is integral to the work of the Children’s Law Centre. All training delivered by CLC is directly informed by legal, policy and legislative developments relevant to children and young people and is underpinned by the key principles of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, ratified by the UK Government in 1991:
Article 2 - Non discrimination
Article 3 - Best Interests of the Child
Article 12 - Voice of the Child
CLC training aims to support all stakeholders in making children's rights a reality in this jurisdiction by:
- Raising awareness and understanding of children's rights
- Promoting the protection and mainstreaming of children's rights
Training Calendar Events - 2020
Course Title: The Rights of Children with Special Educational Needs (Introductory)
Date: 29 April 2020; 10am - 1pm
Venue: Children's Law Centre, Ormeau Road, Belfast
To increase understanding of the rights of children with special educational needs
and provide practical guidance on the assessment, statementing and appeal process
This training will be useful to all working in an advocacy/advisory role with children
with SEN e.g. teachers, sencos, social workers, legal sector, parents, carers and
CLC member rate £45 plus VAT (£54)
Non member rate £65 plus VAT (£78)
Discretionary rates are available for small community groups, parents/carers of children with SEN, the unwaged, pupil barristers, apprentice solicitors and students. Contact CLC for more information on 02890245704
- Only one reduced place per course is available for organisations/individuals who are members.
- Course fees will include training packs and refreshments.
- In the event of non-attendance or cancellation, course fees will be charged in full (unless notification is received no less than 2 days in advance).
- Places on courses will be confirmed by email or letter, on receipt of a completed booking form.
- The Children's Law Centre reserves the right to cancel any training event, if it is undersubscribed. In these circumstances,a full refund will be provided.
Bespoke training for both adults, children and young people is also available for individual organisations, agencies, schools and youth groups on a limited basis.
Please contact Children’s Law Centre if you are interested in booking a tailored training programme for your organisation.
- Hits: 4483