How Can We Help?
What will the discrimination laws on gender, race, sexual orientation and disability discrimination protect me against?
The law protects you against discrimination and harassment in a lot of different situations. It is not exactly the same for each type of discrimination. The laws on gender, race, sexual orientation and disability discrimination protect you against discrimination and harassment when:
- You are trying to get a job or an apprenticeship (including a part-time job after school or during school holidays)
- You are at work in relation to how you are treated including the pay you receive
- You are on work experience (even though you are not being paid)
- You are applying for or taking part in a training course that will help you get a job
- You are looking for or getting careers advice
- You are applying for a place or attending school
- You are applying for a place or attending college
- You are using services like shops, cinemas, leisure centres, banks or building societies etc (note this is not an exhaustive list)
- You are using public services such as doctors and dentists etc
- You are trying to find a place to live