What kind of help can young carer or children’s organisations offer me?
If you are aged between 8-18 and have a substantial caring role for a member of your family, you can get help from the Northern Ireland Regional Young Carers Service.
Different organisations will be able to offer you different help and support depending on what your needs are, however the most common things that organisations can do for you include:
• Organising outings and activities for you
• Giving you carers advice and emotional support
• Helping you and your family to get support from social services
• Talking to your school so teachers understand your situation and can be supportive
• Letting you know about drop-in centres where you can take a break, have fun and meet other young carers