How Can We Help?
What information will be included in a search record?
The record of a search must always include the following information:
• Your name, or (if it is withheld) a description of you;
• When a vehicle is searched, its registration number;
• The identity of the officer making the search;
• The date, time, and place that you were first detained;
• The date, time and place you were searched (if different from (iii);
• The purpose of the search;
• The grounds for making the search
• The outcome (i.e. arrest, no further action)
• A note of any injury or damage to property resulting from the search