How Can We Help?

If I ask for help, what will happen?

< All Topics

Someone from your local Health and Social Care (HSC) Trust or the Regional Young Carers Service will reach out to speak to you and your parents/guardians.

They will complete paperwork for an assessment of your caring role and see what support you might need.  The assessment should look at the impact on your education, your health and your future needs.  If you have had an assessment in the past and your needs have changed then you can ask for a new updated assessment to be carried out.

Depending on your needs, a package of support may then be put in place to help you as a young carer.

Was this article helpful?
4.5 out Of 5 Stars

1 rating

5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 100%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents