How does age discrimination law protect me?
The laws on age discrimination do not cover as many situations as the other discrimination laws. They protect you against discrimination when:
• You are trying to get a job or an apprenticeship (including a part-time job after school or during school holidays)
• You are at work in relation to how you are treated including the pay you receive
• You are on work experience (even though you are not being paid)
• You are applying for or taking part in a training course that will help you get a job
• You are looking for or getting careers advice
• You are applying for a place or attending college