How Can We Help?
How does age discrimination law protect me?
The laws on age discrimination do not cover as many situations as the other discrimination laws. They protect you against discrimination when:
• You are trying to get a job or an apprenticeship (including a part-time job after school or during school holidays)
• You are at work in relation to how you are treated including the pay you receive
• You are on work experience (even though you are not being paid)
• You are applying for or taking part in a training course that will help you get a job
• You are looking for or getting careers advice
• You are applying for a place or attending college