How Can We Help?

Can I change my doctor if I am not happy with them?

< All Topics

You have the right to change your doctor without giving a reason. You can ask to see another GP within the practice or change practices. You can also make a complaint against the GP or the GP practice by contacting the Patient and Client Council at 0800 917 0222 or

If you are not happy with the response to your complaint, you can contact the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman (NIPSO) at 0800 34 34 24 or

Was this article helpful?
2.8 out Of 5 Stars

19 ratings

5 Stars 0%
4 Stars 21%
3 Stars 53%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 26%
How can we improve this article?
How Can We Improve This Article?
Table of Contents