How Can We Help?

Am I entitled to a Young Carer’s Assessment?

< All Topics

Yes, if you are a young carer, you are entitled to a young carer’s needs assessment.

Section 4 of the Carers and Direct Payments Act (NI) 2002 and Article 17A of the Children (NI) Order 1995 are legal documents which state that if you provide or intend to provide a substantial amount of care on a regular basis for an adult (such as a parent), your local Health and Social Care (HSC) Trust must carry out a carer’s assessment.

Was this article helpful?
5 out Of 5 Stars
5 Stars 100%
4 Stars 0%
3 Stars 0%
2 Stars 0%
1 Stars 0%
How can we improve this article?
Please submit the reason for your vote so that we can improve the article.
Table of Contents