Housing FAQs

resize font:

  • Where can I get help if I am homeless?

    NI Housing Executive

    If you are homeless or are likely to become homeless you can apply to the Housing Executive in Northern Ireland for help. They have a legal duty to give advice on homelessness to anyone who asks for it.

    You could be entitled to help if: you are homeless; you can only stay where you are temporarily; or it is unreasonable for you to stay in your current home. Usually people under the age of 18 cannot apply for Housing Executive accommodation but if you meet the criteria to be a ‘Full Duty Applicant’ the age requirements won’t

    Read More
  • At what age can I get Housing Benefit?

    If you are aged 16 or over and are a tenant in rented accommodation such as a Housing Executive property or a privately rented property, then you might be entitled to Housing Benefit. This will help with the cost of the rent and rates. Claims for this benefit should be made to the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.

    Read More
  • 1

Contact Info


Children's Law Centre
2nd Floor
127-131 Ormeau Road
Belfast, BT7 1SH

Tel: 028 90245704
Fax: 028 90245679

Young People @ CLC

Sections of CLC site for children and young people

Advice @ CLC

Sections of CLC site for adults

Support the CLC

We Support the Childrens Law Centre